When the world settles down and a relaunch of sorts.

This blog was a pipe dream of mine for many years. Currently, I am sitting here in a big comfy chair with a pipe full of tobacco dreaming once more. I dreamed of creating work that I could be proud of. I dreamed of doing something I love. Then life kicked me in the junk and told me that I need to focus on other matters. The other matter just turned three years old and is a gem in my otherwise overcast life. Since the start of this blog, I have moved nine times, lived in four different states and have had any job I could get to put food on the table. There was a point where I worked 12 hour shifts driving a forklift and repairing industrial machines, sleep a few hours then start my second job altering clothing, sleep a few more hours, then back to the forklift. I hated myself and what I was becoming to the point I was self destructive. Then life took more twists and turns, both painful and joyful until I finally came to this tiny room I am currently borrowing, dreaming of what dreams may come. 

There came a great depression for a good while. It was not without a specific reason. I wont go too far into details, but lets say I am a family man currently alone. I would walk for hours just thinking over and over to my self, how did I get to this point and what will I do from here. Who am I? Then one night I got a message from a friend of mine from high school. She asked what have I been up to. Then my memories returned to me as if I have been living in a fog. I was a juggler at renaissance faire juggling fake rats, ranked as the second best archer in a medieval society, fired off medieval seige weaponry, seen broadway shows, taught at a nation wide theatrical conference, moved nine times in three years, worked driving a forklift, was a teacher in stage makeup, taught classes at a fetish convention, became a spiritual healer, seen ghosts and faeries, designed and constructed some amazing clothing pieces, had two kids, and worked professionally as a craft artisan at the Santa Fe opera where I learned leather work from a woman who worked on the Hobbit. I left that conversation feeling like I have lived. This was all before I was thirty and I began to think where will go from here? This will not be my end, far from it. And the depression lifted. I got to work.

Then we come to me and what I am considering my current incarnation. I am a wanderer. This thought used to fill me with dread but I know I wander because I have just not found home yet. When I reach that place, I will no longer be a wanderer. I know who I am and I am putting this foot forward to the world. I am shaman and an artist. I am a father and a son. I am strong and this company will reflect this determination. Wild Thyme design used to be a pipe dream, but now it is my goal and I will not accept failure. Never again will I roll over. I am a gentleman and I will take this task in stride and with pride. There must come a point where I look at all that I have done and can look into my childrens faces and feel happy with what I show them. Here is where my life changes and if the world wishes to watch my progress, more power to you. I will continue to grow and learn and experiment and with a bit of luck I will rise. There was a point I thought to myself not all who live in fire rise as a pheonix, but I gained my wings and pheonix or not, I will fly.

A few more puffs of my pipe, a glass of something good beside me and a computer screen in front of me. This is now an origin story. Welcome to the new Wild Thyme Design.